Thursday, July 1, 2010

Twenty. Still.



Date:Monday, June 28, 2010 12:52:29 AM
Subject: I'm still twenty

We now have three investigators with Baptismal dates. That is very exciting. I think it might be more than I've had in the rest of my mission combined. I think I will be less afraid to ask people to set a baptismal date after this. But none of them are people we found. Street contacting is probably the least effective thing that we do. Member referrals are where it's at.

Today we are going to the Hong Kong Museum of art. My past companions didn't want to look at art, except for Elder So, but he lives very near the museum, so he doubted he could have gotten permission to go there. We probably won't be able to stay long, but I am excited. I do love museums.

Speaking of Elder So, the branch I attend on Sunday meets in the same chapel as his home ward, and did I tell you that his sister found me the other day and gave me a bag of food? I was so surprised. It was so nice of her to do that. I guess Elder So told her to. She is funny, she looks like she's maybe twelve. She is literally about half my height, but she's actually a bit older that me. It's just incredible.

I had to talk to a walk-in from Bei Zhing yesterday, and my Mandarin was fine. I kept thinking it was so horrible, and then I realized that actually that's how it was before, too. It's not that good, but it hasn't gotten worse. And I can read a lot more characters now. That's mostly what I do for language study. It's really fun to be able to read a sign every now and then. It's even more fun to understand it, which happens, but even less often.

I'm trying to think of cool things that have happened. It really is like groundhog day here. I: wake up, go finding, hopefully teach some people, eat lunch, make phone calls, study, talk to members, eat dinner, study, write in journal and get ready for bed, make phone calls, go to bed. A nice member did buy us Mexican food the other day. There were baked beans on that taco salad. Baked beans do not belong on a taco salad. At least not in my book. But it was quite delicious none the less. I found a Thai place to try. Still haven't been though. Probably this week.

Last p day we watched Moses, Prince of Egypt and Meet the Robinsons while playing Bang! and Monopoly Deal, which are two quite good movies and two quite fun games. Especially Bang! which is super fun. It's a western card game with outlaws and a sheriff and gun fights and stuff. I admit, the first time I played it was the most fun. Partly because it was the closest thing to a new movie I'd had in a long time. But it's still fun after playing it many times.

I can't think of anything else to say. Things are going well. I'm learning a lot. I'm still baking when I can. I love you all.
-Noah Kicker or Cornick or Niknik or Hersheys (somehow...) or Snickers or (my favorite and impossible to say correctly unless you are from Indonesia) Shrickshrick

No comments:

Post a Comment