Monday, September 13, 2010

Dumplings



I love dumplings. I can't get enough of them. I'm thinking about them now, however, because yesterday after my lunch of deep fried Japanese dumplings and hot soup, I ate normal fried Chinese dumplings and cold Korean soup for dinner. It was just too hot to get hot soup, lunch was a bad idea. But even with cold soup (which was only a little weird and really good, rice noodles in a sour citrusy soup with fresh tomatoes, cucumber and kimchi) I was able to burn my tongue with my first dumpling. Burnt tongue is one of my least favorite things.

I have been eating out a lot this week, trying to try all the food I've wanted to here in Macao (I'm still not sure if that's supposed to be a u or an o) because after all, I am going back to Hong Kong on Tuesday. Still don't know where I will go, or who I'll be with though. It is possible that I will go back to international, which would mean no P-day next week (I'd go back after theirs was already over), so sorry if I don't email.

Originally our investigator Karen was going to be baptized on Sunday, but now her mom won't let her. I was afraid that would happen, but I know I have helped a lot of people here. I still have not seen much success as far as investigators getting baptized, but I know that I have helped a lot of people. I know I am doing what God wants me to be doing, and so I am quite happy.

But I am also quite upset that a parent would forbid their child from joining a church. Karen's parents both work all the time and basically never spend time with their family. They also profess to be members of another christian church, so they do not want their daughter joining the Mormons. What makes me mad is that a mother who says she believes and follows Christ, but is more worried about providing money than providing love or nurturing in the gospel, whatever denomination she is, and does not even attend or participate in her own church, whose daughter starts of her own free will to go to and learn about a church and feels it is true and is what she needs in order to follow her savior and redeemer, would then forbid said daughter from showing her faith and willingness to follow the truth she's found. Money is too powerful. It blinds people, whether they have a lot or a little.

Anyway. I am happy. I know Karen will be ok. it won't be too long until she's old enough to do what she wants without parental permission. I have confidence she will do what she knows is right.

I love you all. I love teaching people the gospel. I don't love talking to strangers.
-Noah

No comments:

Post a Comment