Monday, March 8, 2010



Date: Thursday, March 04, 2010 12:57:59 AM
Subject: It's March

Hello everyone.

Moves call went well. I stayed with Elder Gunderson in Kwun Tong, but the Mandarin Zone in gone. We are now in regular zones and have to stay in our zone bounderies. Elder Gunderson is a District Leader, he was before, but now it's for reals. Elder Mills, O'Neill and Wall went to International work, Wall in Macao (the other two here). The new Elders seemed shell shocked and tired when we met them. We got to meet them before the other Mandarins because we were at the temple teaching a visitor. They talked to her a little bit. "What understanding do you have about God?" and then the color left his face as she answered in a language he had never heard before, "Uh... what is your job?" It made me realize how much I've progressed, and how much God has helped me. It also made me realize how far I still need to go.

Someone is listening to Because of You by Kelly Clarkson over and over and over and over and over...

Speaking of that visitor, she was so good! She flew here from Inner Mongolia (actually part of China). She 18 years old and heard about the church from her mom's friend. Brother Deng told us not to let them get baptized if they're not at least 50% ready. He specifically mentioned the girl flying here from Inner Mongolia. "She definitely has money if she's flying, she can come back." BUT, in the words of Elder Ng who did her interview, "She's like 70 or 80. At least. She's like, 90. She's at least 90%" Also, I called Tara, a member in our branch, who is from Inner Mongolia and invited her to the baptism. She came and it turned out she is from the same town in the same city! Super cool.

Apparently our music rules are overridden by anything that you can play yourself. If you can play it on the piano or guitar (or something else I suppose) then it's ok. It seems weird to me, but it's nice. I've been learning some songs my Dad used to play to help me go to sleep. It is very lovely.

Elder Gunderson and I made some goals to lose weight last transfer, but they failed. We are both about the same, or maybe slightly bigger. Our problem is mostly just eating sweet type things, as many Chinese will point out. I spent a lot of money today on healthy food without too much sugar. I don't want to go on a diet, I want to just train myself to eat healthily all the time. Don't deprive myself of food I like, just don't eat too much of it. And for certain foods, too much is not very much. It's hard, but important. Although I hear that during summer I will probably lose weight.

We have a new investigator who is really great. She is about 23ish and really likes art. She's a black belt in Tai Kwan Doe. But mostly she is great because she is very humble and willing to learn. She wants to read the scriptures and go to church and pray. She is so good. She comes with questions to ask us about her scripture reading. She is just a joy to teach.

I finally sent some pictures today, so they should get there in about two weeks or so. I hope you like them! I know the church is true and that God will help us in our daily lives. Love you all!

-Noah

No comments:

Post a Comment