Saturday, November 14, 2009

Hello from the Worst Person in the World. Ever.

Thursday, November 12, 2009 1:02:31 AM
Hello. I am the worst person at coming up with email subjects ever.

So everything in Hong Kong is so cool. Other than the fast food, which is weird but still ok. My companion always says like, "you should try this." Or "I want to show you this pretty cool store." and it is always so good and/or awesome. I tried this drink made by MinuteMade. We have MinuteMade in America, but here they have things like White Grape with Aloe Vera Pulp. And it's so good!

I didn't believe they could fit an Ikea into Hong Kong, so we went and looked at it today. Like everything else here, you couldn't tell what it was from the outside. But inside it was exactly the same. Except the food was cheaper and there was less of it. But Swedish meatballs are just as good in Hong Kong. Also I got real root beer there! Some kind of special Swedish Christmas version. I've yet to taste it.

Could you send me the lyrics to "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" please?

I got a recipe for some delicious looking chocolate cheesecake, but it calls for brandy and Kahlua Liqueur, which we don't have. Is there something I could use as a substitute? Or could I just leave it out?

I saw Sting has a new Album. Maybe it's good? Also Mika does, I saw. Also maybe good? Also Toy Story 3!? The day after my 20th birthday, too. Dang it. Also go see The Fantastic Mr. Fox when it comes out and tell me if it's good.

They have amazing chocolate here. I'll just leave it at that.

Here are some pretty cool stories. We were headed back from a lesson and I thought, "Maybe we should not go home early, maybe we should do some *groan* finding. But I really don't have faith that we'll find anyone but I mentioned it to my companion anyway. He also didn't have faith. He said he had some calls to make. But he said my diligence inspired him, so he started talking to people. No one would listen. Finally, a college student slowed down, letting him friends continue on without him. He listened to us, and even went with us and toured the church building. He was interested!

Then, Tuesday we were finding in an area that was near a museum so we could spend our dinner hour in it. It wasn't going well. I thought maybe we had gone against the spirit in going there, and had just done it for the museum. I thought, "If I can just find one person who is interested and will give me their number this will be worth it." Just then I saw a twenty something year old dressed for basketball. I thought, that's him. But he quickly joined a game. I thought, maybe we should offer to play with them. But that was ridiculous because we were in slacks and ties and my companion hates basketball. I gave up. But then, my companion said, "Wait, let's take a rest right here, I need to look at the map." We sat down by the basketball court and just then my yellow jerseyd friend decided to switch games. As he passed I said "Ni Hao." He spoke Mandarin. He came over and talked to me. He was interested. He gave me his number. It was amazing.

Leah, yes, we have about 5 investigators, but they all seem to want to really take their time thinking about this. I'm trying to figure out how to encourage them and help them, because our president says we should go faster.

Just to clarify, there weren't just three people who came to get baptized from Mainland, there were eleven. I guess that's a pretty big number compared to usual. But still cool. I'm not sure if they can't get baptized in mainland, but they can't hear the discussions from a missionary which is important. They also might not be able to get baptized. I dunno.

I love you all. Thank you for your prayers and encouragement. The church is
true.
-Noah

p.s. If you could tell Trevor Christensen thank you for his letter, but I can't write back because he didn't give me his return address.

1 comment: