Thursday, May 20, 2010


Date: Wednesday, May 19, 2010 10:17:39 PM
Subject: Pie

Pie in Mandarin is said Pai (Pronounced "pie" with a falling tone) and they don't eat it. I don't know why they translated it, because I've never seen it for sale anywhere. I don't understand this, it seems like the kind of dessert they would just eat up (heh). It's not (necessarily) too sweet, it has fruit and could potentially be made with a rice flour crust, as weird as that would be. I guess they do have them in McDonald's, but those ones are deep fried, so it doesn't count. Anyway, I made a small pear pie (tart) for breakfast and it was so good. I really love pie.

Elder Wall is coming back from Macau. My companion thinks he will come to Kwun Tong and be my companion. That would be pretty fun. It's pretty likely I guess. We are both in the middle of our missions (weird huh? I can legitimately say 'in the middle'. I still don't have 'halfway done' though, so don't worry) and neither of us has been senior comp. I would be happy to stay in Kwun Tong. If I stay one more transfer it will total 1/4 of my time in Hong Kong living in The Castle. I would like that.

On Monday we had Mandarin 24 hour exchanges and I went with Elder Wyatt who is in his first transfer. We went and visited a less active member. Of course, I had to do most of the talking (He's naturally a little shy and he just got here) and I did it! I talked to them, I translated for him, I entertained them, and shared a message with them. Of course I didn't understand everything, but I understood the basic idea of almost everything. It was much better than usual. It is amazing to me how much God really can and will help us when we need it. I know I understood them better than I did then last time we visited them.

Well, Mandarin work in Hong Kong is slow right now. None of us have very many investigators. It is easy to become discouraged, but there is no need. As long as I work diligently, not running faster than I have strength, but doing all things in wisdom and order, then I can know that God is pleased with me. And that is all that matters.

Ernest still wants to get baptized, but still hasn't come to church. He was getting rather desperate for a few days. He said he wanted to be baptized quickly before he changed his mind. We tried to explain that if he thought he might change his mind that quickly, he probably needed to prepare a little more. He has calmed down and is reading through the Book of Mormon from the beginning instead of just jumping around which is good. I think he thinks of his life as if it were a movie. When we teach him it feels like a movie. And so I can't help but feel it will work out in the end. And then we get to see what comes next. What about after the conflict is resolved? I'm excited.

Jenny is apparently back from mainland. She still hasn't called us, but a member has been faithfully calling her every morning, and finally got a hold of her. Hopefully she will be able to get her job worked out which is the only really big problem she has. Kwun Tong might be seeing a few new converts in the next month or two. I'm just worried I move next week. Oh well. "I'll go where you want me to go."

I love you all. We will go to Monkey Mountain today. It is my first time. Don't worry mom, there will be plenty of people there. No one here has heard the story Jason told you.
Love you!
-Noah

No comments:

Post a Comment