Monday, April 12, 2010

Alex Goes Through a Dream



Date: Thursday, April 01, 2010 1:58:18 AM
Subject: Alex Goes Through a Dream

Dear Family,
I have misplaced my watch. Could you please send a new one? APRIL FOOLS!!!
Oh my.
I was never very good at those.

The sisters filled the space between our door and the safety door thing with shredded newspaper today. It was a pain. All the retaliations the other Elders were coming up with seemed incredibly harsh to me. Sometimes April 1st can be a hurtful day. I like the idea of giving them regular cookies and hinting that it's an April Fool's prank.

I was coming home from an activity on Tuesday night when some guys from the mainland started talking to us. I don't know why they did, it was pretty cool actually. So we gave them information and a pamphlet and such. Couldn't do too much for them personally because they are going back soon. So I was talking to one of them and I asked him where he was going. He told me he was going to see a movie. Of course, I asked which movie he would see. He told me the Chinese name and said, "I don't know how to say it in English, I think it's something like... Alex goes through a dream." "Hmm," I said, "Ok. Maybe... Oh, Alice in Wonderland?"
That was it.

Well, we are getting another new Mandarin Elder, so my Trainer, Elder So, has been called to be a Cantonese Zone Leader. I will miss him, but we got to go on 24's this week, so that was nice. He could still be my zone leader, but he might go back to Macao. I think the Mission President really likes him. He is smart and experienced and not afraid to say what he really thinks about things, but he will still support the decisions the President makes, even when he doesn't like them. He's a good missionary.

When we were together we went to visit a member nearby. On the way home we started speaking to each other in Mandarin. Just normal conversation, nothing special. After about ten minutes or so, a lady and her daughter stopped and told us our Mandarin was so good. We talked to them for a while and eventually got their number. The little girl was of course cute-kill-me (bad translation, that). They seem excited to meet with us. So there you go. SYL.

I am very happy now. I can really see the change. When I first got here I was very shell shocked and not used to being a missionary. I was, I am sorry to say, not very happy. I guess a little intense preparation right before leaving wouldn't have been a bag thing. Just some advice for anyone that can use it.

I can't really think of anything else and time is just about up. I love you all. The church is true.
-Noah

No comments:

Post a Comment